Led by former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, Giffords is dedicated to saving lives by ending the gun lobby’s stranglehold on our political system.
Giffords engaged the Stott Group with several objectives: expand its pipeline of funders; assess how institutional funders were approaching the issue of gun violence; and, ultimately, reach new audiences to articulate the impact gun violence has on public health and safety.
Strategy + Results
- Conducted a comprehensive analysis of the funding landscape, Giffords’ current donors, fundraising materials, proposals, and the organization’s strategic plan, resulting in the following:
- Sightlines into the overall gun violence funding landscape, including funding trends, large funders intelligence, funder collaboratives, and the way both funders and advocacy organizations were working to end gun violence
- A tailored set of criteria for identifying prospective institutional funders
- Developed a strategy for prospect identification and equipped Giffords with a robust pipeline of potential new sources of funding;
- Recommended adoption of a broader messaging and programming platform to attract prospective funders; and
- Crafted a compelling case statement to engage a new audience.