Movement for Black Lives
The Movement for Black Lives (M4BL), 150+ US Black-led organizations and groups, has a mission to reshape our society to value Black lives, repair past harms, and invest in Black communities.
Emerging from a period of tremendous growth, M4BL engaged the Stott Group to:
- Build a development operations foundation to support sustained growth;
- Provide strategic counsel and thought partnership to the newly hired Director of Resource Strategy and Development; and
- Create sustainable fundraising solutions tailored to fit the organization’s ethos.
Photo on right is by Kenneth Cousins
Strategy + Results
- Designed fully-integrated development operations and systems and a team infrastructure, including serving as an implementation partner to onboard new team members;
- Developed customized funder engagement strategies to ensure optimal fundraising, donor renewal and funder stewardship;
- Created a case for support articulating M4BL’s work and impact as a tool to engage new supporters; and
- Facilitated increased understanding of importance of resource development across stakeholders and within the organization.
The Stott Group continues to partner with M4BL leadership to develop a resource generation strategy, positioning the organization as a connective network that builds capacity, raises revenue, and strengthens systems.